When I first started to realize I had issues with wheat, I turned to the Internet— and was immediately overwhelmed by the number of web pages, blogs, articles and books there are about celiac and gluten-intolerance. One book I can recommend, as a starting point: Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic by Peter H. R. Green. While it is well-researched and explains a lot of the science behind wheat-related health issues, it’s also very readable.
To make that search more manageable, I’ve gathered a number of links and resources that have both been helpful to me, as well as resources particular to Michigan.
Local gluten-free blogger:
- The blog MI Gluten Free Gal is an amazing resources for all things gluten-free in Michigan. Definitely bookmark it!
Local celiac support groups:
- Lansing’s Gluten Free Fair on Facebook
- Gluten Free in Battle Creek
- Mid-Michigan Gluten Free
- Kalamazoo Area Celiac Support Group
Excellent local, gluten-free products:
- Nationally, the Celiac Disease Foundation is a helpful clearing house.
- Two blogs I highly recommend for those navigating cooking and living gluten-free: The Gluten Dude and the Gluten Free Girl.
Product reviews: You can search all of of my product reviews here, or click on the “Product Reviews” link to the right, but here’s a quick reference: